Give Us a Call
You can reach the Campus Assistance & Resources for Empowerment (CARE) staff between 8am-5pm Monday through Friday at (352) 294-2273 or visit us on the 2nd Floor of Peabody Hall. To initiate an appointment request outside of our business hours, submit a Self Referral.
What to expect at your Appointment
CARE – Case Management Services is a support service which seeks to work collaboratively with students and the university to assist individuals who are experiencing some measure of personal uncertainty, distress or crisis.
Our goals include:
- Assess the factors contributing to the concerns of a student, family member, or administrator
- Collaborate with the student to create and implement a plan that allows for increased perspective, growth and a return to a level of functioning most likely to promote success
- Serve as a connector to other helping resources on and off campus
Maximize your Appointment
Maximize your progress by being an active participant as you work with your CARE – Case Management Services staff member
- Clarify your goals before your appointment— write down your thoughts ahead of time, be specific, and prioritize your concerns
- Arrive on time and try not to miss your scheduled appointment(s) — this maximizes the time you have with your CARE – Case Management Services staff member
- Be descriptive about your concerns— this helps your CARE – Case Management Services staff member more fully understand your concerns
- Follow through on suggested tasks from your CARE – Case Management Services staff member