Medical Withdrawal Process

Unfortunately, there may be times in a student’s academic career when unexpected situations arise that interfere with the student’s ability to be academically successful in a given semester. Such situations include, but are not limited to, physical health issues, mental health issues, learning disabilities, family/personal crises, or death in the family.

In such situations, students may wish to consider petitioning for a medical withdrawal. Students may petition to withdraw from all of their courses or may petition to withdraw from only some of their courses in a semester. Students may also petition to withdraw from courses in a current semester or may petition to withdraw from courses in a past semester for which they have already received grades.

If you are unsure about what type of medical withdrawal petition you need you can call (352) 294-2273 or email to get advice from the Care Area staff about your situation. We are here to help and support you through this process.