Steps for Completing a Retroactive Semester Medical Withdrawal/Drop Petition:
1. Complete the entire Medical Withdrawal Petition Questionnaire and provide current medical documentation to substantiate or support the statements in your petition.
2. Submit an Instructor Recommendation Form for each course that you are petitioning.
3. Submit your documentation to the Dean of Students Office in a PDF format by email to MedicalWithdraw@dso.ufl.edu.
- Once we have received all of the required documentation for your petition, your petition will be classified as complete and will be scheduled for review by the Medical Petition Committee (MPC). The MPC meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Petitions will be reviewed by the committee in the order that they are completed. Depending on petition volume, it may be up to a month after your petition is classified as complete before it will be reviewed by the MPC.
- You can keep track of the status of your petition on UF by clicking on Petition Status, which is located in the My Record section of the My Online Services toolbar.
Please remember to review the University of Florida academic deadlines before submitting your petition.
Medical documentation should be prepared on letterhead, typed, dated, and bear the signature of the evaluator. Please make sure the documentation includes the name, title, contact information, and professional credentials of the evaluator, and the information regarding the medical reason for the petition. Please click here for an example of medical documentation for a full-term withdrawal for mental health reasons. Please click here for an example of medical documentation for a full-term withdrawal for physical health reasons.
Remember, if you have any questions or concerns about your medical withdrawal petition, please call (352) 294-2273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate with a member of the Care Area who can help you with your situation.