You would like to drop one or several of your courses (but not ALL) in a prior semester, AFTER the university withdrawal/drop deadline of that semester.
STEPS FOR COMPLETING A RETROACTIVE SEMESTER MEDICAL DROP PETITION:
Complete the following:
- Medical Withdrawal Petition Questionnaire. Fill out the below box at the top of your Questionnaire:
- Current medical documentation to substantiate or support the statements in your petition. Click here for Medical Documentation Guidelines.
- Instructor Feedback Form for each course that you are petitioning.
Submit all portions of the petition to the Dean of Students Office by emailing documents to MedicalWithdraw@dso.ufl.edu.
Please note: you may submit items all at once, or separately.
- To be eligible for a reimbursement for the classes you petition for, if approved, you must submit at least one piece of petition paperwork to the Dean of Students Office within 6 months from the last day of classes in the semester for which you are petitioning.
What happens next?
- Once all documents for the petition have been received, your petition will be classified as complete and will be scheduled for review by the Medical Petition Committee.
- The Committee meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month and reviews petitions in the order that they are completed. Depending on petition volume, it may be up to a month after your petition is classified as complete before it will be reviewed by the Committee.
- Track your petition status by going to Student Self Service -> My Record -> Petition Status.
Benefits of a Medical Withdrawal:
- If approved, the grades of the classes you petitioned for will be replaced with a ‘W.’ This may improve your GPA.
- If your petition is approved by this Dean of Students Office medical petition process, you may receive a letter of verification (if requested), proving that your withdrawal was for medical reasons.
- You will be eligible for tuition reimbursement if your petition is approved AND you submitted at least one piece of petition paperwork to the Dean of Students Office within 6 months after the last day of classes in the semester for which you are petitioning
Contact Us if you want to communicate with a member of the Care Area who can help you with your situation.